I started training at 24 years old without any previous martial arts experience, on November 28, 2008. I started training because American football beyond college did not work out and I craved physical combat and competition – Why not become a ninja?
Currently, I study Judo under Olympians Nick Delpopolo and Nyam-Ochir Sainjargalyn. I study freestyle wrestling under NCAA Division 1 All-American Brian Leitzel. Julius Park is my main Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu instructor. I have also received guidance from Lloyd Irvin and Roberto Torralbas.
My Main achievements?
- IBJJF Purple belt middleweight world champion
- IBJJF Brown belt Pan American middle heavy bronze medalist
- UAEJJF brown belt pro trials champion
- 3x Masters 1 black belt No Gi IBJJF Pan American champion
- 1-0 in Fight 2 Win professional grappling series
- IBJJF Masters 1 black belt New York Pro champion/cash prize winner
- More than 20x IBJJF regional champion and medalist
- New Breed Grappling Series No Gi open class champion/cash prize winner
Favorite positon: takedowns and back attacks
I started coaching in 2010 as a Blue Belt. I enjoy helping students discover their confidence and build their mental fortitude. My coaching philosophy is: Work Hard. Be Humble. Have an Unreasonable Belief in Oneself!