I started training Boxing at 19 yrs old, at UMAR Boxing Center back in 1999. I always enjoyed watching boxing, and I had an uncle that boxed. So I said I’ll give it a try, and fell in love with it.
Bro. Louis Butler and Mr. Marvin McDowell were my primary boxing instructors. But mostly Bro. Lou who trained the heavier guys in the gym. He became somewhat of a father figure to me. ALWAYS LOVE AND RESPECT TO HIM!!!
I started training Jiu-Jitsu in 2008 after I stopped competing in Boxing, but still wanted to be competitive. So after watching UFC, I decided I wanted to learn how to fight on the ground. So I found Crazy 88, and has been here since (10 yrs later).
Currently, I hold the rank of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu purple belt and Tae Kwon Do yellow belt (7th grade – lol).
Julius Park was and still is my primary instructor at Crazy 88.
Golden gloves level competitor and pro assistant trainer are my highest achievements in Boxing.
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu accomplishments:
- New York Open Purple Belt Super Heavyweight Champion
- New York Open Purple Belt Open Weight Bronze medalists
- Atlanta Open Purple Belt Super Heavyweight Champion
- Fight 2 Win Pro Purple Belt Ultra Heavyweight Super Fight Champion
- UAE Purple belt Ultra Heavyweight Silver medalists
- Training and competing with the best Jiu Jitsu team in the world
Favorite technique in boxing: Counter right hand (cross)
Favorite technique in BJJ: Wristlock from side control
I enjoy sharing my knowledge of my sport, with those as passionate about them as I am. I’m spiritually enriched and nurtured from coaching. My philosophy is to train hard and learn harder!!! (You’d rather have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it!)